top of page


At Tartan Auto Body Ltd., we always value our customer’s needs and safety. Hence, for your convenience, we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions so that you can be better informed while assessing the problems with your vehicle. Feel free to call us if you don’t find the answers to your queries here, or if you have further questions about our services. We offer free estimates and work with your insurance company to get your claims.


Question: If I’ve had an accident, what should I do now?
Answer: You will need to contact your insurance company to report the accident. They will issue you a claim number. Once you have your claim number, you can call us to schedule an estimate appointment or stop by our office and we will process your claim.

Question: I have private insurance and/or ICBC insurance. Who do I report my accident to?
Answer:  Please contact  your insurance provider who will assign you a claim number. Your Claim number is what we require to start the repair of vehicle

Question: What if I am injured?
Answer: When reporting your accident you will want to relay any information regarding injury to your insurance company. 

Any accident involving personal injury may require your insurance provider to view your vehicle.

Question: What is involved in Hit and Run Claims?
Answer: "Hit and run" means the person left the scene of the accident without leaving you their contact or insurance information. In these cases your insurance provider may require an appointment to view your vehicle’s damage.

Question: Will I have an appointment with my insurance company for them to see the damage to the vehicle?
Answer:  Your insurance company may recommend an autobody repair facility but you have the right to take your vehicle to be  estimated and repaired at the repair facility of your choice.   

Your insurance company may send out a staff or independent appraiser to assess the damages but will often work directly with us to streamline your repair process.

Question: Do I need an appointment for an estimate?
Answer: For your convenience, we recommend booking an appointment, but they are not necessary. All estimates are free of charge and take approximately 15 minutes.

Question: The person that hit my car wants to just pay for the damage without involving the insurance companies.
Answer: As much as possible, we recommend going through your insurance policy. There are protections for both yourself and the other party within your policies. If you do report the accident to your insurance company, the insurance company will offer the liable party the opportunity to pay for damages without processing a claim against their insurance. If you still wish to handle it privately, we will be happy to help. Be sure the person understands the estimate we provide is just an estimate. Prices are subject to change once the repairs are completed. For example: hidden damage, parts pricing, and more.

Question: Will I have a courtesy car?
Answer: If you have "Loss of Use" coverage through your insurance policy, we will arrange a rental car to pick you up at our location. If you do not have "Loss of Use" coverage through your insurance policy, we will then provide you with one of our courtesy car (*IF AVAILABLE)  to use at no charge. Please be aware that we will require valid driver’s license for the claimant and a valid credit card.

bottom of page